Cameroon Task Force
2019 Rummage Sale
Shop ’til you drop! This is a community-wide event and brings people from all over Anchorage to our church, and helps support the Cameroon Mission project. 100% of the money we make at the sale will be used to put a well in a village in Cameroon which does not currently have a well or other safe water source.
Save the date!
Saturday, May 4th | 9am-3pm
St. John United Methodist Church
Accepting donations from Sunday April 30 until May 3 at 1801 O’Malley Rd.
MASSIVE indoor yard SALE: Gently used books, kids toys & games, bicycles, clothes, garden supplies, camping equipment, kitchen gadgets, dishes, household item, etc.
- All day – pay as you can
- Bring your friends and family!!!
Make checks payable to SJUMC and write “Cameroon Task Force” in memo area.
Thursday (May 2nd: 6-730 pm)
- Assist with setting up tables in fellowship and gym,
- Assist with sorting and organizing books on tables,
- Assist in getting supplies from the storage room in prep for the big day.
- Start separating donated items from bags and boxes,
- Sort clothing items into appropriate categories – men, women, children…,
- Continue with sorting and organizing books on tables,
- Assist in pricing a few larger items, or valuable items. (Otherwise everything is sold by “free-will donation”.)
Saturday (May 4th: All day 9am-3pm)
- Checkout clerks – help people come up with a reasonable amount.
Proceeds: 100% of the money we make at the sale will be used to put a well in a village in Cameroon which does not currently have a well or other safe water source.